Monday, November 9, 2009

Jayson Blair on Media Ethics

I was a little puzzled that fox news sunday named Jayson Blair their Power Player of the Week. Newsworthiness aside ( how could they choose to focus on a six-year old news scandal on the week of the congressional vote on health care reform and the ft. hood massacre is beyond me), i find it still hard to take Blair at face value for anything he says. I wasn't able to find a link to his full talk, but I guess I generally with what he said. Still, he couldn't even do those small things when he was a college reporter. (He fabricated fan quotes from college football games when he wrote for the University of Maryland's Diamondback newspaper.) I think his story is as much about the NYT (and others) letting him lie on for so long as much as it is about his own failings.

No comments: